Why essential oils?
- They provide fragrance for home and body without synthetic chemicals!
- They become part of your story. Positive scent associations with them can comfort the soul in times of need.
- They are safer to use than candles or incense
- They are a luxurious treat that can be easily added into your daily routine.
- They allow you to bring the outdoors indoors
Can I use the oils neat [undiluted]?
Yes, but with any new skincare product, sensitivity may occur. Please spot test a small amount on the inside of your elbow to check for a reaction. We encourage new users of oils to dilute oils. Oils should be used sparingly (1-2 drops.)
How do I dilute Essential Oils?
Dilution ratios change based on your experience. When using topically feel free to blend in a separate container or layer directly onto skin on top of a carrier oil. Examples of carrier oils include: avocado oil, rosehip oil, carrot seed oil, sweet almond oil, jojoba oil, and the popular fractionated coconut oil. When diffusing in a humidifier, simply diffuse with water.
Will diluting diminish effectiveness?
No! Carrier oils often offer loads of benefits by themselves! When used with essential oils they make them easier to apply, the lipids in them help the oils penetrate, they keep the oils from evaporating as quickly, and they greatly reduce the risk of allergy and sensitivity! Best of all most of these carrier oils can be found at your local grocery store!
Are the oils edible?
No. Although we maintain the highest quality and sanitation during production, our oils are not intended for internal use.
Can you please share some recipes?
- Family Cool Skin (spray): 3oz water + 1oz aloe gel + 10 drops lavender + 4 drops peppermint + 1 drop tea tree
- Purifying (spray): 3oz witch hazel + 5 drops tea tree
- Clarity (roll on): 7 drops peppermint + 5 drops lavender + 5 eucalyptus, top with fractionated coconut oil
- Youth (roll on): 1 tsp. vitamin E oil + 1oz jojoba seed oil + 15 drops lavender + 10 drops tea tree
- Elated (neat or diluted): 2-3 drops bergamot rubbed onto abdomen. Wash hands after.
- Clean slate (roll on): 4 drops tea tree + 4 drops lavender + 2 drops lemongrass, top with sweet almond oil.
- Family Matters: 2 drops peppermint + 2 drops lavender
- Invigorating: 2 drops peppermint + 2 drops eucalyptus + 2 drops tea tree
- Relaxation: 2 drops tea tree + 2 drops lavender
- Calm: 3 drops bergamot + 3 drops lavender
- Fresh & Fruity: 2 drops lemongrass + 2 drops bergamot
- Happy: 3 drops lemongrass + 3 drops lavender + 3 drops peppermint
- Reed Diffuser: Place 5-10 wooden reeds in a glass vessel filled with 15 drops essential oil, 2 tbsp. of alcohol, and 1/4 cup of safflower OR apricot kernel oil
- Toilet paper: Place a few drops inside the cardboard tube of a toilet paper roll
- Place a few drops in the corner of your shower for decadently scented steam
- Place a few drops on a cotton ball and leave near your work or sleep space.
- Surface Spray (16oz): 4 drops tea tree + 4 drops eucalyptus + 1 cup water + 4 tsp. castile soap + 1 cup white vinegar
- Surface Spray (16oz): 20 drops eucalyptus + 15 drops lemongrass, fill the rest with half witch hazel and half distilled water